- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Bouf Online Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information do we collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience on our Site. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you when you register with us or purchase products or services through our Site or one of our third-party sellers, this includes: –
- your name
- address and phone number;
- credit card information (so far as to facilitating transaction process via our payment gateway partners, Stripe (https://stripe.com/gb), Paypal (http://paypal.co.uk) and Amazon (https://pay.amazon.com/uk/help/201751600) Bouf Online Limited does not store your credit card information;
- people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers);
- people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in settings;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- the personal description in your account area; and
- financial information.
We also collect personal information when you contact us by telephone or email, search for a product, provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us), compile wish lists or other gift registries, provide and rate reviews, and send us feedback, post material to our Site, compete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
To enable us to tailor the content of email communications sent to you, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us, if your computer supports such capabilities.
Information relating to you will be used to notify you by email of goods which we believe you may be interested (see Marketing below). You can withdraw your consent to use of your details for direct marketing at any time by contacting us (see Contacting Us below).
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include: –
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login information, e-mail address, and password;
- computer and connection information such as browser type and version;
- operating system and platform;
- purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Top Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- cookie number;
- products you viewed or searched for;
- sellers shops you visited; and
- any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, such as from our carriers or other third parties, from merchants for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising or other services, and from credit reference agencies. This information will add to the information we already hold about you, and is used in order to help us ensure that we are able to constantly improve the personalised service we provide to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on their behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of their personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of their sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information to enable us to process your orders. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of ensuring that we are able to maintain the high quality of service we offer, for training purposes, fraud prevention and compliance.
What about cookies?
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit this Site (this speeds up your access to our Site as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our third-party sellers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third Party Cookies
We work with third party suppliers, sellers and advertisers who may also set cookies on our Site, for example (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content). These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Type of Cookie
The table below provides more information about the cookies used on this Site and why:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose for the cookie|
|Website functionality cookies||Bouf Online Limited||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to browse our Site and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists|
|Website analytics /
|Bouf Online Limited||These cookies measure and analyse how our customers use our Site. This allows us to continuously improve our Site and your shopping experience|
|Customer preference cookies||Bouf Online Limited||When browsing or shopping online, our Site will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you|
|Targeting cookies or advertising cookies||Bouf Online Limited / Google Inc.||These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns|
Turning off/ Disabling Cookies
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our Site and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our Site or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
- any additional purposes for which personal data collected using cookies and other tracking devices might be used.
We would like to send you information by email, and telephone about products, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Our third-party sellers and affiliated businesses may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with them.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete your preferences within the My Profile section of My Account.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See Your Rights below for further information.
You can also manage your preferences by using our privacy dashboard in the My Profile section of My Account.
Sharing Your Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below: –
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Affiliated Business
Affiliated Business operate stores on our Site, or work with us to provide services or sell product on our Site.
- Third Party Service Providers
Third Party Service Providers assist us in fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service
- Law Enforcement Agencies, and other organisations in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
To protect both our customers and ourselves, we release account and other personal information when we reasonably believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of our Site, our users or others.
- Our Business Partners
in accordance with the Marketing section above.
- Another business, solely as part of a transfer of business
- Others (with your prior consent)
Securing the information stored
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. In particular we adopt the following technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you (please remember to Sign Out when you have finished using our Site);
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology); and
- we reveal only the last five digits of your credit or debit card numbers when confirming an order, to ensure the security of any card details provided.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see Contacting Us below).
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Please contact them directly for more information about their privacy practices. In addition, the Network Advertising Initiative offers useful information about Internet advertising companies and how to opt-out of their information collection; for information visit https://networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising
Keeping your information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transferring your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of fulfilling an order. Any transfer of your data will be subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see Contacting Us below).
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may charge a small fee for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- add to or update your information and preferences in the My Account section of our Site,
- alternatively, you can email, call or write to us (see Contacting Us below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- add to or update your information, in particular in the opting in preferences, in the My Account section of our Site,
- click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to  working days for this to take place.
- alternatively, you email, call or write to us (see Contacting Us below).
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
If you wish to contact us, please: –
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, England, WC2H 9JQ
If you would like this policy in another format please contact us (see Contacting Us above)